Monday, February 22, 2010

Test Me

Below is a story from Lauren, a member of the Tomoka Christian family. She began tithing recently, and right away experienced first-hand how God makes good on his promises of provision to those who take Him at His Word.

This past week, I tithed a little more than 10 percent. This week I had so many blessings from God! I went to look for an apartment on Monday and they just had a one-bedroom open up on the first floor. The rent would be $620. Then when I went back with my application, the lady saw my financial record asked me if $320 a month would be OK for me! It could only be God. Then I went today to the Love Center that Calvary has and I got dishes, etc. When I was there Sandy called and told me A Second Blessing had a table and two chairs for me! I went over there and asked if everything was half price — and the volunteer said I didn't have to worry, that everything I wanted was at no cost. The blessings just keep happening and I believe it is due to being obedient to God.
" 'Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,' says the Lord Almighty, 'and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.' " Malachi 3:10

No comments: