Thursday, November 8, 2007

Daddy

“By faith Abraham, when God tested him, offered Isaac as a sacrifice. He who had received the promises was about to sacrifice his one and only son, even though God had said to him, “It is through Isaac that your offspring will be reckoned. Abraham reasoned that God could raise the dead and figuratively speaking, he did receive Isaac back from death.” - Hebrews 11:17-19

Daddy, as a dad this story is almost more than I can comprehend. May my faith be like Abraham’s. I can not imagine killing my child out of obedience, and yet Abraham’s relationship with you was so strong that he “reasoned that God could raise the dead.” Oh God, I surrender my five children to you and through your transforming work I will receive them back, figuratively, risen from the dead. I ask that you would use my children to bring millions to Jesus all around the world.

Lord, may I model faith for my children as Abraham did for Isaac. Help me learn to be obedient and not to second guess Your plans and ways. Help me to trust Your heart when I don’t understand Your thoughts. Help me to be faithful during times of testing that I might be found faithful. Jesus, I desire to have my children call me “The father of the faithful.”

Lord, may our children have a model of bold, vibrant faith to follow and let it come from my life.

No comments: