Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Creation

On our recent trip to the Holy Land, my little mind got filled up with so much truth that I thought I would explode. In a good way. Then my concern became how can I share what I've learned without drowning everyone in a flood of facts. I've decided that I would just let a little leak out every so often. Here we go:

And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light.
-Genesis 1:3

We read through this without a lot of thought and yet this is the foundation of the world and the Word.

We have our Roman calendar where the days are named after Roman gods. Yet 6,000 years after Creation, God's holy people still use a different calendar. The only day with a name is the Sabbath. The rest are day 1,2,3,4,5,6. A great way to remember Creation every day. Yet our culture has gone from B.C. (Before Christ) to B.C.E. (Before Commom Era) and A.D. (Anno Domini - birth of Jesus Christ) to C.E. (Common Era). Oddly, however, the current era still starts with the birth of Jesus.

Here are a few Scriptures to help us remember Creation:

Genesis 1
Genesis 14:19
Isaiah 40:26
Matthew 13:35
Mark 4:11; 13:19
Romans 1:20

No comments: