Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Blown Away By The Book

While reading for an upcoming message, I stumbled over a passage I have read countless times. Every time you read James he just ticks you off because he is so practical and in your face. This one hit me like a ton of bricks.

James 2:5: Listen, my dear brothers: Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him?

It is a question, yet God expects that His listeners know the answer. Jesus did say, "When you've done something for the least of them, you've done it for me." (Matthew 25)

Perhaps this explains why our most effective church planting is taking place amongst the poorest of the poor. They are not in Paris, London, Riyadh (Saudi Arabia), or Tokyo. Instead they are in India, the Middle East, Ethiopia, Mexico, Guatemala, Kenya, and Indonesia.

I wonder if we've been glamorizing a lot of people that will spend an eternity in hell, while ignoring the saints of the High King of kings because the did not look or smell like King's kids.

See ya on the mission field.

No comments: