Wednesday, April 30, 2008

How To Retire Rich

I received this from my friend, Steve Jones, from Vero Christian Church and I wanted to share it with you:

Luke 12:33 - "Sell your possessions and give to those in need. This will store up treasure for you in Heaven!"

How much money have you saved for your retirement? Nothing? One thousand dollars? One-hundred thousand dollars? Are you worried that you won't have enough? Wait a minute...I wasn't referring to your retirement here on Earth. I was referring to the next life we will live in Heaven. We have "put away" a nest-egg in Heaven equal to the amount of money we have given away here on earth. "Steve, what good will that be?" I don't know...but Jesus, our portfolio manager, seems to think it's important.

I pray today that you will give it away. Please pray that for me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this is a way of thinking that is not really recognized and needs to be
How can we remind ourselves to give big while on earth so it stores up our reserves in heaven ?
It seems like an easy thing to do but people always find a reason not to create this type of wealth
I think we need to practice retiring rich in heaven
Laurie Giner

Anonymous said...

What DOES the Word say about Saving for earthly retirement? I have conflicting feelings about this, I feel I should give and people tell me I should save for "one day" - what if I do not even make it to retirement?

Anonymous said...

i know in my heart i want to give BIG . in my real life i have very little. but i give with God gives an opatunity . i think (personal ) that i am not promised even tomorrow so why save for years away. is this rong ?

Joe Putting said...

Save what you can. Give out of obedience and gratitude. God is faithful.

Ephesians 3:20