Monday, January 23, 2012

Family Ministries of Florida

Family Ministries of Florida is located in Seffner (near Tampa) and provides a safe, Christian home environment for children who are unable to live with their parents. Christian couples serve as houseparents and provide a structured and nurturing environment for the children, including family devotion time. To view their website click here.

In December, Barbara Shoner and Richard Hanna took a team to Seffner to Family Ministries Children's Home to bless the children with gifts that members of Tomoka donated. Below are excerpts from thank-you notes that were written by the children and teens in Seffner.

Dear Friends at Tomoka –

My name is Ethan and I am 17 years old, a senior in high school and plan to attend Southeastern University in the fall. Thank you so much for making my Christmas special. I really enjoyed all the gifts…. My favorite was definitely the St. Louis Cardinals stuff. I absolutely love the Cardinals and these things were just incredible. Again, thank you so much for giving me a wonderful Christmas.

Dear Tomoka –

Thank you for the gifts you gave me. I really like the guitar. I wish I could get better at it. Thank you for everything you guys did. I hope you guys had a good Christmas just as special as mine. Have a Happy New Year. God bless you all.

Love, Tina


Dear Tomoka –

I want to say thank you for all the gifts. They were all great, and it’s always fund hanging out with you guys. I hope we have many more parties with you. Have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Your friend,

Marcus


Dear Friends,

Thank you very much for the Christmas party. I had fun playing all the games. I loved all the food and my presents. Tell Santa hello for me.

From Fran


Dear Friends,

Thank you very much for the Christmas party. I had so much fun playing games and seeing Santa. I loved my clothes! I am wearing them today.

Love,

Rele

Dear Tomoka,

It is me Ricky. I wanted to thank you for coming and having the party for us. It was a blast! I really enjoyed the gift and piƱata. I can’t wait until you come back next year if you do.

P.S. You should really come back next year.

Sincerely,

Ricky

Dear Tomoka –

Hi it’s Amanda. I just wanted to say thank you so much for the Christmas presents. I really appreciate everything that you guys did for us. The lunch was awesome!!

Love,

Amanda



No comments: