Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A Testimony of Joy

I received an encouraging email this past week that I want to share with you all:


"We are so happy to be a part of Tomoka! Having visited several other churches, I have never felt so welcomed as I do at Tomoka. I discussed this with one teenager at Tomoka who had also attended other churches and he made a very insightful observation, which hit home for me. He said of the other churches, "They were missing the joy." The sermons preached at Tomoka focus on God, which is what I need, what we all need. A year ago, my son, Robby, would have nothing to do with church. Now he is involved in Mix 180, and is putting references to Jesus on his Facebook site! Thank you so much for what you have done for our family."

Thanks to everyone who help to welcome new families and show them the joy!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am another newcomer and I completely agree with this letter. TCC has been so welcoming!