Thursday, October 7, 2010

"Three Lies We Often Use To Excuse Disobedience"

I read a great blog from Perry Noble that I wanted to share. Take some time today to evaluate yourself in your obedience to God.


Below is part of his blog. Click on the link at the bottom to read it in it's entirety:

First…read I John 2:17…now…

#1 – “Someday”

One of the biggest lies we can tell ourselves when God clearly speaks to our hearts is “someday!”

  • “Someday” is easy because we can say it and, in our hearts know that we never actually are going to do what He’s called us to do.
  • “Someday I will get help in my marriage.”
  • “Someday I will plant a church.”
  • “Someday I will invite him/her to church.”
  • “Someday I will begin reading my Bible.”
  • “Someday I will get serious about my physical health.”

But “someday” usually ends badly for most of us…because “someday” hardly ever turns into “done-day!”

What is it that He’s called you to do? Life is WAY TOO SHORT for us to get at the end of it and have regrets…”someday” needs to be TODAY!!!

Click here to read the full article.

No comments: