Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Calling

This sounds a little mysterious, yet it is really not that difficult to figure out. Why am I here? What has God gifted me to do? Answer these questions and then go do it. We are not on this earth to collect fancy houses, cars, clothes, or anything else. In fact, use all of those items to fuel your calling. Instead of envying those who have more we should be selling out to leverage resources for the Kingdom of God. These are radical words. He is what Jesus said:

Then Jesus said to his disciples, "I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." Matthew 19:23-24
In place of "movin' on up" we have been called to "move on out." Selling out for the calling that Jesus has on your life is a little scary, but carries with it eternity's rewards. I think this is what the Bible calls faith.

No comments: