Friday, October 17, 2008

Life Chain

The Life Chain is a yearly stand for pro-life. As we've done for years, we recently stood for an hour in front of our church property holding signs of repentance, encouraging adoption, telling the truth that abortion is murder, and proclaiming forgiveness of sins. My prayer is always for one young lady who sees the signs and decides to keep her baby. I am also involved for the simple reason that I want my God to know where I stand on this issue of the mass slaughter of a civilization. As usual, the event was exciting. We encountered drivers honking and cheering for us, others giving us a thumbs down or a finger up, drivers swerving as if to hit us, and one with a sign that said, "You are all idiots."

In 1 Corinthians 4:9-10a Paul states, "For it seems to me that God has put us apostles on display at the end of the procession, like men condemned to die in the arena. We have been made a spectacle to the whole universe, to angels as well as to men. We are fools for Christ, but you are so wise in Christ!"

Are we OK with this? Can we say proudly, I am a fool for Christ? Whose fool are you? Below is a list of ways to stand for life.

Let me add that the most disturbing actions of those who passed by our Life Chain were those with no reaction. Apathy. This is the defining moral issue of our day — the 21st Century's slavery. What will we do? We have heard, "A woman has a right do what she wants with her body." But the last time I looked at my children, they have a separate body from mine.

How can we help?

1. Pray.

2. Get involved with a local pregnancy crisis center.
Resources for Women
Pregnancy Crisis Center
Alpha Pregnancy Center

3. Support adoption financially or adopt a child.
Christian World Adoption
America World Adoption
Embraced By Grace
Community Partnership for Children
Christian Family Services
Bringing Children Home, an adoption ministry of Tomoka, contact Bobbie Fraine

4. Get involved with local pro-life ministries.
Volusia County Right to Life
Florida Right to Life

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for being an example. I will definitely participate next year.