Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Big Blue Beast

A few months ago, I purchased a beautiful 1990 Ford Econoline conversion van. You might ask, Why? Well, it is the perfect vehicle to haul children, luggage, purchases from Lowe’s, and my family back and forth from the soccer fields.

To be honest, while she looks rough on both the outside and the inside, she has only 95,000 miles on her and she delivers a smooth ride.

Her story is reminiscent of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang — a once-glorious machine resigned to the trash heap. As I look at her, I can almost see a smile on that 19-year-old grill. If I listen closely, I can almost hear her say, “Thanks for not giving up on me. I still have life in me and something to give back. Thanks for letting me be used for what I was made to be.”

Maybe you can relate to this gem out of Detroit. Are you a little beaten up inside and out? Have you had others give up on you? Do you have high mileage? Do you think our Creator can still use you despite all the hurts?

If so, welcome to the battered and bruised crew! Put a smile on your grill because Jesus is still in the restoring business.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks even better now w/ the Cardinal logos on the sides!