Friday, June 27, 2008

The Beasts

Our family's two terriers are quite interesting. I have little to do with them, but the girls love them - so I think you understand my position. Nevertheless, there are lessons to be learned from these two wild beasts.

Early in the morning they go outside and play in their dog pen. Any time you step outside they are looking right at us waiting for that opportunity to enter back into our fun kingdom.

Once given approval for re-entry, they run, play, and use up my air conditioning. Even though I am not enraptured with these two, I must admit that they are smarter than I am. I find that I am not as focused on Jesus' return to get me and what I'll have in His Kingdom as my dogs are on me. To top it off, I have a God who loves me. He does not tolerate me as I do the beasts that live in my house. OK...I'll learn from the dogs.

1 Thessalonians 4-5

No comments: