Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Promise

This was written by a Christian lady who works at Ormond in the Pines, an assisted living facility here in Ormond Beach.

The Promise

Written by the Spirit that moved me
Jane Darveaux

I lay curled up in my bed
Not knowing what to say
My mind was numb, my body weak
Then I began to pray

I didn’t know how to start, Lord
I stumbled on my words
But somehow you understood, Lord
And through my struggling You heard.

“Jesus, this is hard for me
No one taught me how.
I need Your help, don’t you know
And I need it now”

“I’m lonely, Lord, no one cares”
I beg, I plead, I cry
“No one seems to want me, Lord,
And I just don’t know why”

“I need an answer. Can’t You see?
You know I’m hurt”, I scream
I fall asleep scared and crying
And this is what I dream

A tall figure in the dark
That I could barely see
And He appeared ragged and torn
But seemed familiar to me

He slowly moved on toward me
His feet didn’t touch the ground
I hid my face, fell on my knees
On His head was a thorny crown!

I knew who it was in an instant
And I trembled as I fell
He leaned over me and softly asked,
“My child, what have you to tell?”

I whimpered, “Jesus, have mercy
On my weary soul
I’m bent, I’m broken and have no one
Whose hand I can hold”

“I’m lonely, sad, and shaken
And I don’t know what to do”
He reached out His arms to me
And gently promised, “I’ll hold you”

He lifted me in His arms
O! What a sweet embrace!
I knew right then and there
That I had been blessed with Grace

I awoke when the birds started singing
Yes, what a beautiful sound!
No longer alone and shaken
I felt God’s love all ‘round

I knew Jesus was with me
And His promise He would keep
I still feel the awe and wonder
Had I really been asleep?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes we just need Jesus to remind us that he is there.