Thursday, August 30, 2007

Michael Vick

Many of today’s headlines are focused on Michael Vick, the quarterback for the Atlanta, Falcons. The story is tragic on many levels, yet ironies are present in this story that most are overlooking.

It is bad that dogs were hung and drowned, and yet many of the same people in our culture that are so upset about this are pro-abortion. I’ll spare you the gruesome details of abortion procedures that most of you are already aware of, yet it is so present in our day.

Millions of children worldwide are being exterminated yearly, yet I hear little outcry even in the church of Jesus. How can a culture place more value on the life a dog, dolphin or buffalo than on a child?

Please don’t get me wrong, I love animals. I am a zoo-aholic. But Genesis 1:26 reminds me that mankind alone was made in the image of God.

I am convinced that on judgment day anyone from 20th – 21st Century American culture will be asked two questions: 1. What did you do with Jesus? 2. What did you do for “my image” on earth? I am proud to say that Tomoka supports every Pregnancy Crisis Center in Volusia County both financially and with many volunteers. Let me encourage all of us to love the unborn images of our Creator.

No comments: